Week 1

 This week has been very stressful and busy! However, as always, I noticed that I consume a LOT of media! 

Something I started doing this week that I've really enjoyed is listening to classical music while I work/do homework. Back in elementary school, I did an experiment for my science fair where I concluded that listening to classical music helps people perform better on tests, but I've never applied this before, convinced that it would distract me.

However, I feel almost like I need SOME distraction. All summer, I worked remotely. Before that, I did school and worked remotely. I am tired of sitting in my apartment in near silence. I have found listening to chill classical music to be the perfect solution. It is beautiful and captivating, but not so much that I lose my focus, like I do if the TV is on.

I feel that in my life in general, I struggle to use media proactively as a positive tool. I'm excited about this new habit!

Comments

  1. Hi! Great post! I agree- I never realized how much I consumed media until this project! I love the idea of classical music while working or doing homework! Its nice because it provides background noise without the distracting of lyrics or beats! I do this a lot actually! In fact, everytime before I would go take the ACT in high school I would listen to the same classical song in the car to calm me down, not have any songs stuck in my head and to get me in the zone! It was awesome and I totally agree that using media proactively is very beneficial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I think your comment about needing SOME distraction is true for me too. For some reason, having music playing in the background keeps my mind active enough to be able to focus and be productive. I've never done a formal experiment on myself to determine what kind of music helps me focus most, but I'd be interested to see if classical music helps me the same way it helps you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts