Week 2
This week my husband and I have been watching a LOT of Jane the Virgin! Even though I've already seen it, it's kind of addicting. Last week, I wrote about how classical music has been helping me with my homework.
This week, Jane the Virgin has NOT been helping me with my homework! Almost every episode ends with a cliffhanger, so it's so hard not to keep watching. I always think that I can watch and do homework and I definitely can't.
And yet, guess what I'm doing right now? I just feel like I have so little time for anything fun with school and work that I want to try to do fun things when I can--I guess I think that watching TV is a fun thing I can "maybe" multitask doing. However, I'm realizing that it would probably be more fulfilling and fun if I got my homework done quicker (while not watching TV) and then went out and did something more fun, like going for a hike or going to dinner with my husband.
Okay, I feel this. I have only seen a few Jane the Virgin episodes since my roommate has been watching it, but I have been SO distracted by media recently too. I downloaded TikTok and WOW it has been taking a lot of time away from things I really need to do.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, I think in quarantine over the summer, I used media to cope with the stress of a pandemic plus everything that was going on in the world. Now, I think I turn to media so much to self-soothe when I'm feeling stressed about school, which is not a very healthy coping mechanism when I don't have as much time anymore. Anyway, we'll figure out how to balance it!
I'm glad we're in more classes together this semester, Rachel :)