Week 4

 This week has been absolutely crazy for me! Very stressful and very busy. As such, this is the only week in who knows how long that I literally watched no TV at all.

I would like to say that I was more productive, but I wasn't--I just wasted more time on social media. I think that was actually worse. I'm trying to figure out why--maybe because I usually watch TV with my husband, so it's at least somewhat interactional, whereas I scroll through social media by myself. 

To help mitigate my time-wasting, I decided to delete the Instagram app, which was good, but then I remembered that there are some people I only keep in touch with through Instagram DMs. Plus, with all of the current issues and unrest, I feel like I want to be aware of what's culturally happening. I read the news daily, but I want to read the people as well. So I redownloaded the app. 

I found myself wishing that social media was less a part of my life and of modern life. My mom has intentionally avoided all social media, which I kind of envy, but at the same time, so can often be out of the loop on things. 

I'm basically just trying to weigh the pros and cons. Pros: keep up with people, be informed of the social climate, etc. Cons: waste time!!

Comments

  1. I have been feeling the same way! I decided to delete the instagram app on my phone, but still let myself go on instagram on my laptop. It has been amazing how much less time I waste on it now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts