Week 5

This week, I was thinking a lot about my reading habits. I've noticed that I tend to drop off after I've finished a book, especially if I don't have a next one I'm super excited about. For example, my husband and I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice together, which is one of the greatest books ever. He had never read it before, and he LOVED it. Reading it together was so fun that we've decided we want to make a habit of it--it was interesting to see how media could bring us together in such a fun way. Reading together was truly more enjoyable than watching TV or movies together.

However, since we finished Pride and Prejudice, I haven't started another book, and I haven't read at all. I've noticed that when I don't have a book going, I spend more time on social media, which is honestly just a lose-lose. Social media is not nearly as enjoyable or relaxing to me as reading, but I think that I think it's "easier" or something.

Anyway, my goal this week is to start a new book that I'm excited about! 

Comments

  1. Rachel I loved this post. It was short and sweet, and about Pride & Prejudice which is definitely a classic. I've done book clubs with people that I've been in relationships with in the past, and you're so right, it's really enjoyable to read a book with another person! It's fun to tease out themes and talk about how the book compares with your world experience. If you're looking for another classic, Jane Eyre is one of my favorites. I would also recommend Woman in White by Wilkie Collins if you like romantic novels with a twist of mystery involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to make yourself get into a new book after finishing one you LOVE. You should check out The Selection series -- super light, fun, and romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously agree! Once you've gotten yourself to start a book and you're really into it, it's so easy to choose that over TV or social media, but it's definitely hard to start. Weird! But I think that is an awesome idea to read a book together with your husband, I totally want to try that now! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts