Week 6

 This week, I would have to say the most influential media was the documentary we watched for class, Miss Representation. I have learned and thought some about the impact of the media on girls, but I was horrified nontheless. I kind of felt like it's amazing that I feel like I have made it through relatively unscathed, though a lot of that can probably be attributed to my parents. 

I really want to see more accurate representation of women and BIPOC in everything. I want the created world of media to look like the real world! I truly feel like we all miss out when everyone's voices and contributions are not shared. 

However, I was encouraged by the fact that a lot of the media problems and sexualization of women is likely pushback for women's increased power in the real world. I hope that this progress can continue!

Comments

Popular Posts