Week 7

 This week, I thought a lot about health and the media due to the lecture and reading on the subject. On Wednesday night, right before the lecture on Thursday, my husband and I watched TV and ate pizza. I literally had the thought, "Woah, I can't believe I ate all that!" and then Dr. Coyne talked about that exact thing in the lecture--kind of funny. 

I am usually very good at intentional eating. I HATE to overeat because of the way it makes me feel, so I usually do a great job of stopping when I'm satisfied. However, this week I noticed I overate twice--the only two times I ate while watching TV! Crazy stuff.

I had never really thought about the physical impacts media can have!

Comments

  1. That is a funny coincidence! One thing that I think my husband and I (especially my husband lol) have been conditioned to is wanting popcorn every time we watch a movie. Not a TV show, just movies. And it is crazy how we can overeat without even realizing it! I also haven't thought about this much before our lecture but definitely will in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I found that lecture very interesting. It reminds me of the movie Over the Hedge (I don't know if you have watched it but it focuses on a Raccoon that steals food from humans for the other woodland creatures). The raccoon explains that the humans live to eat food. He goes on to say how food is in every aspect of a human's life--they even dress up as food (advertising for food). I find it interesting that we do like to eat snacks during movies or even have meals in front of the TV. And a lot of advertising is for food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same thing happened to me! I try to be intentional when eating, but eating during movies is always what gets me! It's fascinating to think about how media affects my eating habits. I've noticed that my exercise can vary depending on what my media usage is like too. The different things I'm paying attention to affect my motivation to start or keep going, and the reason why I want to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts