Christmas Music
I've been thinking about Christmas music this week. My husband and I went to a restaurant, and they had decorated for Christmas, and they were playing really classic Christmas music. I was totally surprised by how much that lifted my mood! I have always been a "Christmas is after Thanksgiving" type of person, but I kind of decided that this year sucks anyway, so why not enjoy Christmas for longer.
I think Christmas music is a very interesting use/gratification of media. We have a whole enormous collection of songs (and even movies) that we only listen to for a tiny fraction of the year, yet it's meaningful to so many of us. I think because we ONLY use Christmas music around the hollidays, it's tied to many meaningful memories of time with family.
Thats true, the fact that it’s limited to this one time of year and so many traditions does make it special. I love this, I’ve noticed something similar lately, it’s been EXTRA nice to hear Christmas music lately. I think we could have used some Christmas spirit a little earlier this year!
ReplyDelete