Dateline
When I got home from my mission, almost three years ago now, I went on a trip to Disneyland with my mom. In the hotel room we stayed at, Dateline was on. I had never seen Dateline before, but I do like true crime, and I really enjoyed watching it with my mom. From that chance occurrence, a family tradition was born. Almost every time I'm with my parents overnight, we watch Dateline. Since that trip, I got married, and now I even watch Dateline with my husband.
We're staying with my parents for the rest of the semester, and we've been watching a fair amount of Dateline, always late at night after my little brothers go to bed. For those of you who've seen it, it's definitely not the most exciting show (it's literally news), so it's funny to me that my fast-paced, fun-loving family enjoys it so much.
I think it just goes to show the importance of the way we use media. I can't imagine watching Dateline by myself. It has gained meaning for us because we always watch it together!
I love how easily this became a family tradition for you guys! I haven't watched Dateline since I was younger, but when I would watch it made me so scared of getting kidnapped and murdered!! It was always riveting though; I was so entranced by the crimes people would commit!! i'm glad you guys can enjoy it as a family :)
ReplyDelete